Saturday, March 16, 2013

Super Andrew

Andrew turned five last week. Some years it has snowed on his birthday and some years it has been warm enough to wear short sleeves. This was one of the colder years. We got a little bit of snow - not much, just a few flurries but still fun for two little boys...





Andrew wanted his party at Pump-it-Up. It basically has a bunch of inflatable slides and bouncy houses. Perfect if you are five. Actually, he really wanted a water slide for his birthday, but I told him that is never going to happen (see pictures of snow, above). So his second choice was Pump-it-Up. We opted for a superhero theme. Captain America and Batman came to entertain the children. It was a great time.


















After playing hard, the boys got their superhero capes and it was time for cupcakes and presents.


 















The grown-ups decided to pass on the kids party (wise choice!), so we had dinner and cake on Andrew's actual birthday. He was excited about the telescope from Nana! We may get to see some stars soon, if Taylor can get through the giant instruction manual :)


Birthday Questions


He's a year older, and some of his favorite things have changed, but some have actually stayed the same. 

Favorite Food:  Ice cream (Absolutely true!)

Favorite SportSoccer ball 

Favorite TV Show: Scooby Doo

Favorite Person: Preston (This is one of Andrew's best buds at school. They can be quite a handful together!)

Favorite Thing to Learn at School: Paint

The Thing I Do Best: Stay at home (I can relate - I like to be home too!)

If I Could Go Anywhere, It Would Be: Beach (I promise I did not feed him this answer. He is definitely my child!)

My Favorite Color: Blue (No surprise here)

When I Grow Up, I Am Going to Be: a Builder (I can see this - the kid loves a project)

My Favorite Song Is: Scooby Doo songs (His music choices continue to be somewhat baffling

My Favorite Book: All kinds (This is true, he's not picky. Lately we are into reading books on the ipad and transitioning to chapter books with fewer pictures. He seems to like it, but sometimes loses interest if he's tired)

My Favorite Snack: Cake (I have to call BS on this this one. Maybe apples or chips, or ice cream)

One Food I Really Dislike: Rice (Yep, no rice for him.)

Favorite Place to Eat: Chick-fil-a (It's still mostly about the playground. He's also a fan of Lenny's, Las Delicias, pizza, hot dogs)

Favorite Movie: Prince Caspian (Seriously, still? He rarely watches it now, but didn't hesitate with this answer.)

Favorite ToyPuzzles (loves them right now. He got a superhero puzzle for this birthday that was 3-D. It was pretty tough, so Taylor and I had to help out. By the time we finished, I was dizzy and my eyes were crossed. 3-D puzzles are a challenge!)



It was a nice birthday week. 5 is going to be super!

No comments:

Post a Comment