Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting Colder

The cloudless skies and mild temperatures finally gave way to a steady drizzle accompanied by a cold wind blowing out of the north.


Luckily Agnes is prepared for such indoor weather. After a few short minutes of over sized origami made slightly more difficult by a three year old "helping", Noah and Andrew had themselves a grocery store with working doors and windows.



You only had to saunter up with a few pennies (Andrew refers to any coins as pennies) and the finest plastic produce in Midtown could be yours. Andrew worked the window while Noah handled stocking, which mainly involved flinging plastic food items around the store.


In what has become a Sunday morning tradition, I bring out my old box of Lego's. I can only imagine that I looked something like this when these tiny blocks were in the hands of their original owner.


Look at the concentration and imagination of Andrew. I'm not exactly sure what thoughts Shelby is experiencing though. After church, Andrew asked me when we were going to see Peter Pan at the theater. I misread last year's show dates for this year and I was hoping he had forgotten that I mentioned, in passing, that attending the play was a possibility. Alas, the child never forgets a comment, promise or opportunity that is in his favor so I was on hook for some sort of performing arts entertainment. I was able to bargain my way out of trouble with a trip to the movie theater. So, I looked up the shortest running animated movie playing at Malco and Andrew and I ventured out into the chilly rain to see "Puss in Boots".


The sting of the cost for tickets and concessions was lessened because Agnes hooked us up with a $20 gift card she won at work for a paper airplane throwing contest. I could have sworn they were paying her to do taxes.


As we crept into the evening after the movies, sous chef Andrew once again stepped into the kitchen to help prepare buttermilk biscuits to go along with the potato soup that was on the menu for dinner.


They were, much like the rest of the weekend...delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment